Customizable Baked Oatmeal Muffins – To-go baked oatmeal that you can add your favorite toppings to.
Eat some damn oatmeal. Your ass deserves it.
Customizable Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or your preferred baking oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Optional: your favorite toppings (chopped fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners, or spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the brown sugar, applesauce, milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oats and cinnamon to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the oat mixture between 12 muffin cups, using a little less than ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup*. Add about 2 teaspoons of your favorite toppings to each muffin. Gently push the toppings down into the oat mixture.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes. Let the muffins cool for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Store the completely cooled muffins in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or, place in a sealed freezer-safe container and freeze. Then, transfer the frozen muffins to the refrigerator the night before you want to eat them.
*Don’t try to pour the oat mixture into the muffin cups. Use a large spoon, a scooper, or a small measuring cup to scoop up the oat mixture from the bottom of the bowl to ensure that an equal amount of liquid goes into each muffin cup.