Red Wine Mocha – hot chocolate mixed with coffee and red wine. Kick brunch in the balls!
My three favorite things are legit: red wine, chocolate, and coffee. Why not have them all together in one legendary cocktail?
Red Wine Mocha starts with a thick & rich hot chocolate. Then, dry red wine and coffee are mixed in.
Add some sugar if you want. Hell, add some whipped cream to make it completely ridiculous.
Red Wine Mocha (coffee & hot chocolate)
- 1 cup heavy cream (not reduced fat half n half or milk)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used pinot noir)
- Optional: sugar and whipped cream for serving
- Add the cream and corn starch to a medium-sized pot. Whisk until the corn starch is dissolved. Add the chocolate chips and place over medium heat. Heat just until all the chocolate has melted and dissolved into the milk, stirring continuously (about 6-7 minutes). The heat may need to be reduced to low to keep the liquid from boiling. The liquid will be thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the coffee and wine about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour into mugs to serve.
- Optional: Add sugar to taste. Top each mug with whipped cream.
The high fat content of the heavy cream, the corn starch, and the slow addition of the coffee and wine will all help reduce the chance of curdling. Don’t modify these steps.
Inspired by Red Wine Hot Chocolate