Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole – Easy breakfast casserole with frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage and cheese. Can be an overnight, make ahead breakfast.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast bake is so versatile. It can be made in the morning when you are ready to bake it. Or, it can be completely assembled the night before.
How to make Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole:
- Add breakfast sausage to a large skillet.
- Break it apart and cook it until it’s completely brown. Drain off any fat.
- Add frozen shredded potatoes, the cooked sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese to a large bowl.
- Stir to combine. Then, transfer to a large baking dish.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to a large bowl.
- Whisk until well scrambled. Then, pour the eggs over the hash browns.
To make Overnight Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole:
- Follow the recipe directions to assemble this casserole.
- Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, uncover the dish. Let it sit at room temperature as the oven preheats.
- Then, bake it the exact same way as listed in the directions. The cooking time is the same either way.
This easy breakfast casserole is a great make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe. And, it’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
How to make a breakfast casserole with sausage and hash browns.
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole recipe. Eggs poured over hash browns, sausage, & cheese; then baked. A great make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe to feed a crowd.
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage bulk, not link or patties
- 24 oz. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Add the sausage to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Break the sausage apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage is completely brown, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain off the fat.
Add the frozen potatoes, cooked and drained sausage, and cheese to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 3).
Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
This casserole can be made ahead of time/overnight. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator after it is assembled. Remove the plastic wrap before baking as directed in the original recipe (same temperature and time).
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is adapted from: Easy Breakfast Casserole
Also, check out my Customizable Baked Oatmeal Muffins.