Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – Creamy macaroni salad loaded with tons of pickles. Because that’s how pasta salad is supposed to taste…pickly as shit!
This Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is the macaroni salad that you need to be eating this summer.
It’s the right dish to bring to any brunch, cookout, or get together. Or, if you’re like me, grab a big spoon and just eat a big bowl of this creamy, tangy, crunchy goodness for lunch. Cuz I’m a badass.
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad recipe
- 1/2 lb. dry macaroni pasta (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup roughly chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice (the juice from the pickle jar)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to al dente, according to it's package directions. Run the cooked and drained pasta under cold water for 1 minute to cool completely.
- Add the cooked and cooled pasta to a large bowl. Add the chopped pickles, cheddar cheese, peas, and red onion.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, dill weed, and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta. Stir well. It will look like there is way too much dressing, but the pasta will soak it up.
- Cover and refrigerate the pasta salad for a minimum of two hours to let the pasta absorb the dressing.
If the pasta salad seems a little dry after it has chilled, add a little more pickle juice to loosen it up.
Adapted from Dill Pickle Lovers Pasta Salad